Wednesday, November 26, 2008

All you need is lovecanton.com

Hello all!

: All my millions of readers who have been faithful even when I have been faithless and apathetic in my blogging capabilities.

A lot is going on right now.

Things stewing inside my head:

I have had the most difficult semester of my life this year academically...it always feels like I'm scraping by. Eight hours of sleep a night is a rarity.

This December I am going to the Chicago area to check out the Wheaton College graduate program in Clinical Psychology and look at an art school with ma'lady.

My roomate is leaving next semester for Washington D.C.

I have to figure out what I am going to write my thesis on next semester. Two whole semesters to research a phenomena! Woohoo! I am a geek!

Thinking more about my calling. Very interested in working with the underclass in psychological endeavors.

Thinking about selling my guitar and buying a hammered dulcimer and a banjo. (How shallow.)

BUT:

One of the most spiritually significant things I have been involved in this semester has been working with lovecanton through a bible study (Move Group) we have started on campus. We are holding Bible studies *and* going into Canton to serve. We have participated in several clean-up days so far and it has been very eye-opening into the nature of poverty in Canton. It has been beautiful to see the Church at work. Rivertree, Malone, Refuge of Hope, and Multidevelopment Services in Canton have come together to enact some real change in our community.

I am thankful that God has been teaching me about service this semester.

If you would like anymore info, check out lovecanton.com

No comments: