Monday, November 10, 2008

Spot On

This weekend, I watched the much talked-about Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Great movie. Kaleioscopically shot around a rustic poem. What more could one ask for? Cerebral and funky.

The thing I liked about it most, though, was the relational aspects of the movie. The blue hair and broken ice, the disintegrating bookshelves and crumbling houses...all of these fed into the main point:

Relationships are imperfect and yet they are the most important thing we have been given in this life. I think the reason this film struck me was that I am very interested into entering a field in which you "piece together" people lives again. Most of the time I find that appealing, but sometimes when I think about it, I wince at the impossibility.

This movie was one of the most beautiful depictions of broken people attempting to put their lives back together...I can only hope to experience things like this in my professional life.

And if I do, believe me, I will make an artsy film about it and make boo-koo bucks so I can retire and laze about on some deserted island in the Carribean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

someone likes indie films....
next, a blog about Garden State, eh?
-e