Tuesday, July 1, 2008

God is God

Recently, I have become uncomfortable when thinking about some ideas about God, but most uncomfortable when thinking about God in a box.

I suppose when you go to a Christian college, you are encouraged to try to understand as much as possible about God, to be studious and all...

But I guess when it comes down to it, you realize maybe God wasn't as tame as you thought he was. Maybe he was even more loving.

Maybe you ought to be trembling more, in light of his power--and mostly because of his love.

My current goal is to follow in the footsteps of Moses and all the other great biblical characters.

It seems like they were the ones who were brave/stupid (not really) enough to get as close to God as possible...It left Moses face shining, but he survived....

I want to do that...to try to get to know God as much as possible...

I've got some huge questions right now, but I'm going to lean in and take off my sandals...

1 comment:

Cody Milliron said...

Just remember, young grasshopper, that it takes time.

Enjoy the quest and the adventure.